PDA

View Full Version : Altering shopbot files for safe z and settings wizard

courtney2018
10-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi all. Two questions. I had to reinstall my shopbot software so what I had set previously is gone. What I'm trying to find are two things.

First, where do I set the Z height for when I hit the emergency stop button. I don't want it to go up as high as it does. I'd like to set it to something like 0.5". I think it goes up now around 1.5" or so. It's VERY close to the physical stop on the Z. So I'd like to change that. Found it one time, but didn't make note of it and there are so many different variables with "Z" in the name. Confusing!

The next question is concerning the settings wizard that pops up when I go to execute a toolpath file. I had called tech support about this and they helped me change it once, but again, I had to reinstall my software so that all got changed back to what it was originally. It's starting to drive me a bit crazy always having to close the wizard down every time I go to cut a file. Where do I change that at? I think it's in the post processor file "ShopBot_Arc_Inch.pp", but just not sure. And I don't want to go messing with something that might not be the right thing.

Thanks in advance!

jerry_stanek
10-03-2009, 02:16 PM
just type ts and you will get the shopbot setup safe z is like the third page.