PDA

View Full Version : X2 Motor Is Possessed

pappybaynes
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I have been running 3.6.5 on a year + old PRS Standard with 4HP spindle, with little glitches here and there for about 5 weeks, nothing major...until I went to surface my spoilboard...as it got to around to approximately 93,48 it stopped claiming it had hit a limit switch but could resume and shut off limit switch to continue the operation...which it did beautifully...it returned to 0,0, or so it said on the screen...it really was about -3,0. I re-zeroed and ran the program again with identical results...I shut down the machine at that point and headed to bed. The next day I started everything up and went to position the spindle over the actually 0,0 I wanted...the X2 (48 side), starting grinding terribly. After much pondering and verbal abuse I pulled both X motors and ran them...the X1 ran fine, the X2 jerked a bit and then ran just fine...I took my finger off the arrow key and tried it again...same jerkiness in that motor but then it started moving BUT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS it also happened with an older version of software...everything is grounded etc.
Thanks, Dick

jerry_stanek
10-24-2009, 01:44 PM
could it be a broken wire to your stepper

pappybaynes
10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
I will check wires today, although I am not really sure to look for other than the obvious loose wire.
Dick

pappybaynes
10-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Well Praise the Lord!!!! The blue wire was out of the connector...all is well. Thanks Jerry, you and tech support were right on!! I appreciate the help.
Dick