PDA

View Full Version : Newest version

simon
09-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of PRT software, and updated the firmware.
My homing routine no longer works.
It uses input 3 to find zero from a contact at the end of the x and y axes.
Now it gets to the first input and stops.
Before I spend another day working out the problem is there anything obvious happening here that anyone knows about?
Simon

dingenis
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
hi simon
after upgrading from vers.3_1_4 to vers.3_3
I am having a similar problem.
woking in METRIC my homing programs don't work (stopping at first contact)
when changing VD to inches they work.
I am using prx switches on onput 3.
I wrote shopbot about the problem.

I downgraded the system back to vers 3_1-4
so my homing programs do work.
and wait till the problem is solved

rhfurniture
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I have downloaded it but not yet put it to work, so all this is very interesting.
I note that:
1. The total file size is now twice what it used to be.
2. Shopbot are recommending more than twice as powerful a computer as the minimum reccomended.
3. It doesn't actually do anything different to the previous version.

Reminds me somewhat of Microsoft and Windoze.

Could someone tell me why? and is it really neccessary? (other than that I suspect it is going to be the base for all future development).

Regards,

Ralph.

simon
09-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Dingenis
I too use metric, so maybe Inches is a temporary fix. I have gone back to 3.1.4, but Ralph there is a tabbing issue here whereby if the tab falls on the end of a cut, the bit simply jogs through the material at tab height to get to the next cut, (in my case breaking four expensive bits)
- Sighs...
I am looking forward to my vacuum system arriving so I neither have to use tabs or downcut spirals.
Simon

ted
09-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys,

We were not aware of an obvious change to how custom files like homing were running from 3.1.14 to the 3.3.2 for PRT tools. However, something seems to be happening. I would like to see if we can get the problem figured out, and whether there is some common issue. So, send the problematic files to me or to the support@shopbottools.com (mailto:support@shopbottools.com) mailbox where we can have a look.

On the metric issues. We recognize that having to set up homing (which I believe we should call XY zeroing) differently for metric and inches is a pain ... so we are working on new files that will work with either measurement type. We are also going to shift to a common file to save offsets in. This will allow us to update the XY zeroing and Z zeroing routines without affecting the specific offsets for your tool.

As a final note. The 3.3.1 installation for PRTs was missing a file needed for [JH] Jog Home. It is in place in 3.3.2.

paco
09-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Hummmmmm...
I wonder if Ted believe more now that other user had report bits break from control box/software...

By the way;
I observed a lost connection from a JH command... then I retry the port... then 3.3.2 FREEZED... could only exit it from Task Manager... since I was cutting a job for customer, I did'nt test it more to reproduce the behavior... Hopefuly, I did'nt lost position THIS TIME!
Next. while surfacing spoilboard, I gradualy speed up using "on the fly" acceleration from very slow to very high and it seem that the ramping was'nt "adjusting" to a higher set speed... instead, the tool bump at corners and at going to next stepover... this second observation should be easely repetable... the first, I wonder if it is not related to the fact that I use only 96 Mo RAM...?
Do any body experience MANY CRASH with low RAM computer?
I'm getting bored to report all my observations about the control software only to support... I now wish to share this with all forum users since support is looking at forum anyway!... I like my tool but I wonder about other users experiences about the control software...?
I suggest we, for a time, report our observations of problems and troubles about it here (and to support mail too!!!)...
I plan to!
This might increase the amount of info. that get to support...

Things are getting better... every NEW version released... thanks to the hard work of SB team!

But keep working!

simon
09-18-2004, 08:22 AM
I am more than happy for the shopbot team and anyone else with good ideas to constantly improve a great product. This is evolution. I agree with paco, the forum has taken on a life of its own and is a good place to air ideas, grievances, positive suggestions.
Here's one. Any chance of SB for macintosh?
I'm dreaming...