PDA

View Full Version : Can't install new 3.6 shopbot upgrade

myxpykalix
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I tried installing the new upgrade overtop the old version. That didn't work as i kept getting these error messages. I uninstalled old version, deleted it from recycle bin, rebooted and am getting the same error messages for each file it tries to install. I have to hit "ignore" to continue and nothing gets installed.

myxpykalix
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I emailed tech support yesterday....any clues why i keep getting this error message (if tech support reads this)? I have uninstalled the old version, rebooted and have nothing else running when i try to install it and it gives me the above error message as if it is trying to access some file that is in use but i have no idea what it might be.

knight_toolworks
05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
looks like that file is locked and can't be modified. but you figured that out. you could boot into safe mode move that file from where it is at and reboot and try reinstalling.

myxpykalix
05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Steve, for some reason I get this same error message for ALL the files that this application is trying to install so I don't know whats up. I'm hoping tech support might have a clue cuz i don't.

knight_toolworks
05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
strange. but hell if you want strange just use a computer (G)