PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

bearce
09-01-2006, 12:05 AM
at my school we have a shop bot but with the plasma torch insted of a router. but there is a problem with the softwear for some reason the program still runs as a router. so we went through the program and got ride of everything that said router thinking that would stop it. well no. see the way the plasma is supose to work is it touches the plate that you are cuting and moves up to a proper length but during the cuting it starts to dig into the plate and snaps a fiber glass head cuzing it to brake if any one has had this problem. it would be great on how to fix it.

mikejohn
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Brady
I think this one is for you

Brady is the only person I have read on the Forum who runs a plasma cutter

robtown
09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
That's a function of your post processor.

Are you using Parts Wizard to make your tool paths? If so, when exporting the toolpath to the cutting machine, look for the drop down that specifies file type. It's probably set to ShopBot_router_(arcs).sbp, in that dropdown there are options for plasma.

Brady Watson
09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Patrick,
There are several things that are unique to the plasma cutter in terms of software setup. Here are a few questions for you:

1) What version of PartWizard are you using to generate your .SBP toolpath file?

2) What version of the control software are you using, DOS or Windows version?

3) If using the Windows version, type in the VH command into the control software and check to see if Height Control is ON. Is it?

4) How thick is the plate you are cutting? What consumables are you using (80A, 40A, FineCut) ?

5) What arc voltage are you running?

6) Check the wire that goes to the torch tip (ohmic cap) and make sure that it is not broken, disconnected and that it has a good connection to the ohmic cap.

7) Make sure that the torch is SURGICALLY CLEAN!

Start with that...

-Brady

mikejohn
09-01-2006, 10:35 AM
See? I told you Brady would know

bearce
09-03-2006, 02:12 AM
thanks alot for the help ill be shure to get back to you