PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Z offset and...

steve
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm sure I'm just missing something but...
I have set the offsets for my 2nd Z in the my_variables.sbc file. Set the x offset to 0" and the y offset to 6.9375". The toolpath was saved with the 2nd head post processor and the file cuts 6.9375 " off the table.It only cuts properly when both offsets are 0"
I have the software set for 2 spindles as well. So I was wondering what I am missing ?

Next question for anybody that knows more than me . I saved the same tool path twice,( from artcam) one file for each Z spindle. the "shopbot inch arc" file cut properly with 3 step downs to reach final depth. The "shopbot head2 inch arc" file cut with only 1 z plunge to final depth , anyone know why this happens?
my machine is a PRSalpha 96 60 12 , 2.2 & 4hp HDS spindles. Software is shopbot 3.5.5 , partworks and artcam 2008.

cip
03-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Stephen: I had the same problem. To cure it you just move your y axis to 7 and zero it. Then set your material at the new 0,0 and cut away.
As always air cut first to be sure that are getting what you want.

Mike

steve
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Mike , turns out the preview screen does not deal with a 2nd Z , so just cuts the file as if it was head#1 . Doesn't display it properly either.