PDA

View Full Version : Bot will not move after the move

gopack1
07-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Our company moved across town, and before the move, the bot was working fine. Now since the move, came in on saturday to do some work on it, and it just sits there, making a weird noise, it will not move y but it will move x, its almost like its stuck . I did not unconnect the computer or anything for the move, just power. I thought it might be out of square, but i checked the level of x and y and that was good. seems like its stuck on what it rides on. if i manually move the motor by hand, it really seems like its stuck, then lets go. any sugestions would be graetly apprciated

paul_z
07-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Scott

With power off, gently and SLOWLY, manually move each axis.

Have you checked all of the cables to be sure they are not damaged and the connectors are well seated? I'd also try to push in the connectors that are covered with heat shrink. (I have several on my PRT Alpha.)

Another outstanding idea that was posted a while ago is to make sure that none of the connectors are warm.

After any move, I'd also check parallelism of the rails at several spots and recheck the position of the v rollers.

What's happening with the Z axis?

btk
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Scott,

There is a chance that you could have shorted out a driver due to a loose connection (I did this when I moved). If you turn on the control box when there is not a full connection from driver to motor, the driver (inside the control box) can short out. You may have to replace the blown driver (make sure to first fix the bad connection).

If you did not disconnect anyting during the move, there is a decent chance one of the Wago connectors could have been pulled upon.

You should call shopbot and they will be able to step you through the process of determining exactly if this is the case.

Brian

gopack1
07-03-2006, 08:34 AM
i'll try some of that. as far as the z axis, it does move in that, and it moves vertically, (y), but nit horizontal. could be a chance that some of the conections are not seeded right or tight, so i will go over the connections to make sure. thanks for your input guys!!

richards
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
If possible, with the power off, remove the Y-axis motor, turn the power on and then give a MY or JY command to see if the pinion gear spins. If the gear spins, then you probably have a severe friction/binding problem where something may have been bumped/bent during the move. If the gear does not spin, you probably have an electrical problem such as a loose connector or even a faulty driver.

gopack1
07-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I beleive the controller board is fried.. smelled that electrical burning smell, and heard a pop or two also.. now nothing.. so looks like we need a new board.