PDA

View Full Version : Starts and stops

arc
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I have a alpha and has run fine until the past week. I use a laptop. The shopbott starts a job then for some reason it will stop. I can restart it and sometimes it will run fine other times it may stop again. There are no programs running in the background. Help this has me pulling my hair out. Jim

harryball
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
What's the popup error message? Does it say the communication has been lost? or does it finish up like the job completed normally? Is it stopping and jogging home? Staying out in the middle of the table? Does it mess up the work piece i.e. starts cutting where it shouldn't and then stops?

/RB

arc
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
It stops during the job and there is no pop up message. It starts in the correct place and after some cutting it will stop. The hour glass shows it is trying to work. Sometimes after rebooting the system it will start over and finish, other times it may stop in the middle of the job again.
Jim

coach
10-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Jim,
My alpha would shut off during a cut or if it were just sitting between jobs.
Replacement of the start switch resolved the issue.
Probably not your problem but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Dave

beacon14
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds like either a computer or connection problem. Can you connect another computer and see if the problem persists or goes away?