PDA

View Full Version : Opening dxf in vector

donj93
03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Im having trouble opening some dxf files into my vector program. The files are supposed to contain text, but when i open them all i see is a single vertical line. im still reasonably new to vector and shopbot and wonder if anyone can help direct me as to what i am doing wrong.

srwtlc
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Don,

Post a file here for us to look at and also what program you're using to open them with.

german
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Donald, what program do you have? corel draw? Ai? what version;9,10,11,12? some of this versions does not support open files made on older or recent programs, you have to know what
program create the file you are trying to open, if you have the lates version of corel ( x4 ) you have no problem, but if you have 10, 11, 12 version and you are trying to open a dxf created with a recent version you gona get in trouble.
post mor info abaout the program you are using.

German.

donj93
03-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I am using a CAD/CAM program for windows , Vector 9.0.010, the file i am trying to open is a dxf file that was sent to me by a client, i believe the person created the file using Adobe Illustrator cs3, and he also used Corel draw x4 when we couldnt get it open the first time we tried.

srwtlc
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Donald,

I have and still use VectorCam from time to time (VCP/Aspire rule the roost now though). Send me one of the files in question and I'll take a look at it. I've had many strange things with dxf's from Corel and have usally been able to deal with them one way or another.

It more than likely is the version of dxf that they're saving it as. Try AutoCad R14 or R12 for the dxf save.