PDA

View Full Version : PC Router Brush Supplier...

jeffreymcgrew
06-21-2008, 08:21 PM
So the PC router in our bot is getting mighty sparky.

I've rebuilt the bearings on this one thanks to the help posted here (and it was a noticeable improvement). But now it looks like the bushes are starting to go. I'd like to just replace them myself, but ordering replacement parts from Porter-Cable is worse than useless.

So anyone know if I can just order the brushes from someplace like McMaster and be done with it? Or should I just call Shopbot and order a rebuild kit or something? If I order them from Porter-Cable (if it even works) it will take weeks to get to me...

I *really* wish PC had better parts service, this is a pain!

Gary Campbell
06-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Jeffrey...
PC has authorized service centers all over the country. I have bought parts from them many times. If SB doesnt have them, I would try there.
Gary

jeffreymcgrew
06-21-2008, 08:43 PM
My experiences with the local service center haven't been very positive, and ordering parts online hasn't been very good either. I'd just like to get the bushings online and fix it myself.

But I guess I'll swap in the spare and go through the trouble of dealing with Porter-Cable.

hh_woodworking
06-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I have always had good luck with the PC service center in KC MO

waynelocke
06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
You can try http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/. I have bought a few items from them.

jeffreymcgrew
06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Wayne, thanks a ton, that was just what I was looking for!