PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Air Drill

steve4460
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Well I build my own air drill ,It has a limit switch hooked up to input #5 the outbut is hooked up to output #5 just like it says in the airdrill doc available here . I can manualy with the k comand turn on and of the #5 output and the pnumatic valve and the limit light works also . I used the partwizzard postpoccessor and after I hit the stard button it comes up with this error message
Error on line12 "undefined variable:my_xindrilloffset_T1 (8.925026-&my_xindrilloffset_T1;0)"
I have changed the offset values like it says in the manuel . So why isen't it working right ?

beacon14
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Before a variable can be used in a part file it has to be defined. Apparently PartWizard writes drilling locations as (x-&my_xindrilloffset_T1;y) where &my_xindrilloffset_T1 is the distance along the x axis that the drill head is offset from the router/spindle (no idea why there is not also a &my_yindrilloffset_T1).

You have to define the variable:

&my_xindrilloffset_T1=6 (or whatever your actual offset is)

either within the part file, within another file run previous to your drilling file, using VV or UL, or some other way before you run your drilling file. Once the variable is in memory is will persist until you change it, clear all the variables, or exit ShopBot. I use a file which is run automatically whenever ShopBot starts up which retrieves the current offsets from another saved file and defines my offset variables for me.

steve4460
05-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks
I managed to fix it with that . The post proccessore says go to T1 and the my_variable file had T2 so I changed it to T1 and now everything is working fine .
Now thats what I call support.
Thanks

bakerkr
05-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Stephan -

Got pics? Would love to try and build my own as well.
Thanks,
Kevin

steve4460
05-14-2007, 06:48 AM
As of right now the new drill axes isen't mounted in the bot , I was just making shure that I have the mechanisum working before I tear my bot appart to install it .I have to do a little more testing to make shure that it will work right , but when it dose then I will post pics . take a look at the air drill document in the support area for a couple of hints on how its hooked up . more will follow .

bot on