PDA

View Full Version : DXF Converter error message

ricks
02-04-2004, 08:14 PM
I am using the latest Windows version of the ShopBot control software.
The first time I use the DXF converter it works and makes an .sbp file that works.
From then on I get an error message that is in a small window with the heading "DXF_GUI".
The error message is:

"Runtime error '55'
File Already Open"

I have tried:
deleting the file
using another file
moving to a different path
warm boot
cold boot
using Ux_dxf.exe alone
and 3 different computers
all get the same error

I have reenstalled the program and sometimes the converter will work only once more.
All the other converters work.

All the computers are running Win 98 second addition.
Is anybody familar with this problem? Or know how to solve it.

Thanks,
Rick Samish

Brady Watson
02-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Rick,
I had a similar error when using the G-code converter. I used the Ux_exe alone and it seemed to do the trick. Looks like you already tried that.

There's always DOS....

-Brady

gordon@shopbottools.com
02-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Brady,
I found that the Shell call in Sb3 was leaving out a '\' in the path to UX_GCODE.exe. This is fixed and will work in the next version that is soon to be released.

Rick,
I have not been able to get the DXF converter to fail in the latest version of Sb3 (3.1.1). Let me know which version you are running so that I can figure out why it isn't working for you.

Gordon Bergfors
ShopBot Development

ricks
02-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks Brady, the DOS version works. That's also what still runs the control box. Just trying to get the bugs out before I put the windows version in.

Gordons on the problem, I'll post the outcome.
Thanks,
Rick Samish

ricks
02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I have found the problem.
On my computers the default installation of the Ux_dxf.ini file has the first setting set to "UseIni,0".
I reset it to 1 and the dxf converter now works.

Rick Samish