PDA

View Full Version : Semi-noob alert : Z question

metalmaker
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi, guys. I have a problem with z axis on a pr-96 running v2.38 in dos. When trying to cut at a desired depth, the z only moves about a 1/4 of the command ie:command at 1", actual movement 1/4". I had similar probs. with x,y,early on and got the correct values from sb., which they say are 2000 for the z. I have tried changing the values, but that results in more accurate downward motion but then will not go up as high as it should. I have searched as much as I can on the forum and checked for mechanical,electrical,ground,and such. All seems to be ok to my knowledge.Sorry to be lengthy,but any sugg. will be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

srwtlc
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Dan, has this just started happening? Are you using the same value that has worked in the past? Make sure that the Z is not losing steps due to binding somewhere.

metalmaker
03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Scott,thanks for the reply.I do believe that it has been this way since I bought it used about 6 mos.ago.I just never really needed to get that tech.with it. I have always just added extra depth to make up the distance.I checked the mechanics and didn't see any binding but I will double check. Thanks again, Dan.