PDA

View Full Version : Comm Break at -0 -1

davidr
09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Dusted off the SB and started running parts file, notice it missed every now and then. So i went looking for updated software. Downloaded 2.38 pr since i have one of the first 50 machines made. Ran the Load23.exe and looked good. Now nothing works. When i try to move x or y, it gives me error: Comm Break at -0 -1 Any suggestions? Ted, Gordan you guys still around? I see Bill young is still posting.

ron brown
09-05-2004, 01:48 AM
I think I have gotten that error when the serial port or cable has failed David. That would be my first check.

Ron

bill.young
09-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey David,

Good to hear from you again...it's been a while.

If the firmware loaded OK then you must have had a connection from the computer to the control box at least once, but since your ShopBot is a early one there may have been some hardware changes in the box that could keep you from running the newest software. My original ShopBot connected through the parallel port!

Probably the best thing to do is to get in touch with ShopBot tech support...they're good at resolving connection issues.

Bill

das83@drexel.edu
12-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Did you get a solution?
I am having a simmilar problem.
My serial cable is brand new.

David Staack

David Staack (Unregistered Guest)
12-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Downgrading my operating system to Win98 (from XP) solved the communications problems. No to see how the rest of this PR system is working.

albert
01-18-2005, 10:33 AM
I had similar problems when I used my older computer with a USB extension cable. I removed the extension cable and no more problem. When running the new laptop or new desktop I can use the USB extension with no problem. I am not sure why this is but everything works fine with the older desktop now.