PDA

View Full Version : Driver/motor Fault detected

js101
05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Box says, please reset drivers (location no longer accurate)Could someone help me with this I havent a clue.Jerry

ryan_slaback
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Jerry,
Press the reset button on your control box.

richards
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Your zero points will be messed up. Be sure to re-zero all axes.

Most of the time, I get a fault when I try to cut too fast or too deep. Sometimes I get a fault due to electrical noise, but after proper grounding of the machine, that problem has gone away.

cip
05-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Mike,
I have the same problem once in a while. What do you mean by proper grounding?

Mike

richards
05-30-2007, 08:47 AM
I run a 16 gauge stranded copper wire from bare metal on each axis to a common point on the back of the Alpha control box. I also ground the computer case to that same ground point. Be sure to remove the paint under each ground point so that the wire contacts bare metal. I use a 3/4" spade bit in a drill to remove the paint from around a hole on each axis, then I crimp (or solder) a ring connector to the ground wire. A reading with the multimeter shows no resistance from any point on the machine to the common ground point.

In theory, your machine is grounded as it ships from Shopbot, but that thin film of grease that you spread on the v-rails acts as a insulator. In any case, before I ran the ground wire on my machine I had spurious problems. After grounding my machine, those kinds of problems went away.