PDA

View Full Version : Big problem after installing 2. 28 and Load 22

olivier
10-18-2001, 08:47 AM
Hello there,
I got into big trouble since I installed version 2.28 of the shopbot software and ran load 22 to upodate my control box. (on a PR 96)

When cutting a curve composed of a series of straight move, the bot produces a small shock between each staight move.
When cutting an arc, the bot shutters and cranks as if the shocks where at each steps of the arc, and it slows down very much in the process.

I try to go back to use version 2. 00, same thing.
This why I suspect the load 22 thingy.

Anyone can help ? I cannot work with all this vibrations.

Thanks.

Olivier.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
10-18-2001, 10:18 AM
Hi Oliver,

Can you send us a copy of the file that does the erratic behaviior so we can try it out. Up to this point we aren't aware of any problems with this version. (LOAD21 is with the previous version so you can re-install if necessary.) Also, send along your PROBLEM.LOG so we can make sure we are configured the same way as your tool.

Thanks,

olivier
10-18-2001, 12:31 PM
Hi Ted,

Hope you received my mail, that I sent to info@shopbot.. (mailto:info@shopbot..). since I did not find your adress here.
Following your advice I downgraded the control box with Load20 and things seem to be back to normal. (I am still using 2.28 and it seem to work)
But I guess I a going to have problem with the small CG arcs, since I upgraded for that purpose.

Thanks for sorting this problem out since I have a new software that exports a lot of arcs.

Thanks.

Olivier

Ted Hall, ShopBot
10-20-2001, 05:30 PM
Hi Olivier ... and ALL PR Users ...

YES ... Olivier has found a timing problem in the software that shows up as a hesitation with circles and curves at some (relatively fast speeds).

The problem is in LOAD22.EXE.

We have fixed it and you can get LOAD23.EXE, which straightens this out, from the download site. This only applies to PR tools (strut), not the PRT models.

jorgy.tucson@worldnet.att.net
10-21-2001, 01:07 AM
Hi Ted,

Is this part of SB228SX.EXE or an individual file?

Where in the Downloads is LOAD23.EXE located?

Thanks for the update.

John

Nancy
10-21-2001, 08:21 AM
It's under software on http://www.shopbottools.com/download.htm (http://www.shopbottools.com/download.htm)

jorgy.tucson@worldnet.att.net
10-21-2001, 11:43 AM
A note of thanks to Ted and all the people at ShopBot Tools. You are doing a great job with your product. Other companies should look at your philosophy. Truly a "quality paradigm shift".
Thanks again,
John Jorgensen
Jorgensen Worldwide