PDA

View Full Version : Setting safe z height?

chiloquinruss
11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
I can't seem to set a safe 'Z' height. No matter what it stays at about 1/2 inch height when moving from cut to cut. Any value entered with VC - safe z seems to be ignored. What am I missing? Thanks. Russ

beacon14
11-07-2009, 11:34 PM
The safe Z height is set in your toolpathing software (PartWorks?). In SB the safe Z height value is only used when Jogging Home (JH) or when hitting a STOP key (S, spacebar, enter, esc)

courtney2018
11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Don't forget about the safe Z's for when you zero the Z-axis. It would be nice if they were all a bit easier to find.

chiloquinruss
11-08-2009, 11:46 AM
David, I use Aspire, is the setting for safe z set there? If so where? I would have thought it was part of the tool database but I can't find it there either. Thanks for the help. Russ

myxpykalix
11-08-2009, 11:58 AM
There is a safe Z setting i'm sure in the tool databases for these programs but there is also a safe Z in the control software.
Look on the control software on the lower left side there is a "cutter" tab.
Click that and there is a place to input a safe Z height there. Not sure if that is your issue or not.

Also take note that if you set your Z 0 to the table in your part creation program but then Z 0 to your material surface it might do what i think you are describing, unless i misunderstand.

br928
11-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Russ, In Aspire under toolpaths check 'setup material'. Set the rapid clearance gap there.

chiloquinruss
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Stan, you win the cupie doll! It's not on the 'material' dialog that comes up from the main menu. It's on the material dialog that comes up from the toolpaths selection menu. I'm glad I found it and thank all of you for jumping in to help. Gotta love this forum! Russ