PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy of Bot

johntwo
02-22-2004, 06:02 PM
The program used is Artcam Insignia, and new version of shopbot software for windows xp.

I am cutting cabinet doors (0.75 inch plywood) the stile, panel and outside profile. Two doors lie on their side at each cut but the issue is with the accuracy of the bot. For some reason the bot is making unnecessary added Y axis moves looks like in the bottom of the profile, stile and panel of the two doors around the same area. The first profile depth cut is square then when it goes down the next depths it jumps out to the bottom then after that side is finish it goes back to the square. I also cut out some patterns for the draw face and they were not smooth. Could someone assist me in getting my machine to be producing accurate jobs which are important in this highly competitive market.

ron brown
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
John,

Are you having accuracy problems or, software problems? It sounds to me as if it is a software problem. Once the problem is isolated, a solution can be suggested.

Ron

elcruisr
02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
If it's the very latest release from a month or so ago the program seems pretty glitchy. I updated and I'm having some problems with it and Delcam right now. Contact your software vendor and get them on it. They need to get their act together up there.

Eric

johntwo
02-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Thanks thus far. I have upgrade to Insignia 2.5 and I upgraded the shopbot software release last month around January 23 or 24th. I don't know but looking at the movement while cutting it looks like it should be a perfect square but when it reaches this one side in particular is when the wheel jumps out of the square that was cut for the first profile depth cut. Otherwise the first profile depth cut is square the other three goes out on this particular side. With the draw pattern the curves where not curve i can't explain that it would be better if i were to use my old method but i need speed and accuracy.

elcruisr
02-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I would get hold of your software reseller for sure. They'll probably want you to e-mail them a copy of the file. They can then tell you if it's software or machine but it really sounds like software. If it's software they need to come up with a solution. The machine is just doing what it's told unless something is really way wrong there.

Eric