PDA

View Full Version : Simple Partworks 2 D Question

btkfrisco
07-30-2009, 10:07 PM
When doing a simple profile of a drawing, I get an error message "No toolpath created for current parameters. Check tool can fit selected vectors at machining depth."
What does this mean? I've done a lot of drawings and toolpaths with no issue. I just can't seem to figure out what it wants me to do. I have changed the selected bits - both smaller and larger... no change... If I select "on vectors" instead of "outside vectors" it will do that.

Gary Campbell
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Brian...
There may be areas of the vectors that are too close to machine "on" or there could be overlaps. To get a better look at where each bit will actually travel, check the "solid" checkbox as it will show the path of the bit.
Gary

tmerrill
07-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Brian,

To add to Gary's answer when you get this error, BUT a Profile ON toolpath works, it means you have a very small loop or overlap in your vector.

You will need to select the vector, go into Node Edit mode, zoom in and inspect it very close. Look first in areas where there may be a large concentration of nodes (boxes) and then look at nodes where the vector changes direction, like a corner.

If you can post your .crv file here or on the Vectric forum we can help you with this.

If you have the lastest version of PartWorks, this trick sometimes works: First make a backup copy of your model, then select the vector and click Edit, Curve Fit Vectors. Try changing the vector to Arcs or Bezier with a large tolerance (say 0.01" if your model will allow that) then try your Profile Outside toolpath again. You are trying to simplifly the curve by reducing the number of nodes, and if you're lucky the problem area is removed.

Let us know if you're still stuck.

Tim

btkfrisco
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks to all... Got back to it today and just as expected you guys were right. I had a VERY small overlap on the drawing. I fixed that and all wroks well.