PDA

View Full Version : Restarting a file

philor@earthlink.net
11-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I had to stop a file half way through. This is a very long file for a sign. It ran for about two hours and was about half way through. I had to deal with another problem and had to terminate the cut. I don't want to start from the beginning and spend another two hours essentially cutting nothing. Is there a way to start up where I left off?

artisan
11-07-2003, 04:43 PM
This will become a habit for you very soon I think Phil. ANYTIME you need to stop the Bot midway through a project, jot down the line number on a piece of paper. I have a chalkboard by the Bot for just such occasions....such as making adjustments midway through a project. THEN, use the FG command to pick up where you left off. You can also retrace your steps in the preview mode and again use the FG command in a hit or miss method with the Bot in "Air Mode" (no Z plunge) to find your last cut. The FG command is your friend and you will do yourself a favor by reading up on it....but by far the best thing you can do is get in the habit of writing down the line number whenever the Bot stops. Hope this helps....D

rgbrown@itexas.net
11-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Phil,

Check out the "FG" command. If you don't know the "line number" you can use the preview command to find the spot you need to "go to line number"

Ron

philor@earthlink.net
11-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Thank you.