PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error 91 and 424

kelly
04-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I ran into a problem today that had me really scratching my head for several hours.
I created several files in Partworks but the Shopbot program displayed a "Runtime Error 91" and then quit each time I tried to load the file. When I stepped through the file line by line I received a "runtime error 424"

I was able to clear up the problem by reinstalling the shopbot program but the real problem was related to the fact that I had relocated the SBParts folder from the C root of my harddrive to another folder.
This is waht really caused the error - just an FYI for those who might encounter this annoying user caused problem.

myxpykalix
04-27-2008, 02:30 AM
kelly,
i'm not so sure that is the root of your problem. I don't think i have ever stored part files in that C:\SbParts folder. Usually i create them in the office, dump onto a flash drive and run them from there on the laptop that runs the bot in the shop.
Did you delete the C:\SbParts folder, then try to run a file from another location when the error occurred?
Maybe there is something in the program that looks for that folder in order to contine and thats why you get the error if it doesn't find it?
Just leave the folder whether you use it or not (I never do).

kelly
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi Jack,
I did not delete it, I just moved it into another folder. I am not sure what files are used in the SBParts folder (Newbe with my BT32) but after I put the folder back, (Or reinstalled the software) the files worked correctly. I use two computers and it may have also been related to having the SBParts folder in one location on my design computer and the SBParts folder in another location on my shop computer. It shut me done for most of the day and I hope the post will help the next guy avoid the frustration.
Be well
K.Z.

seana
04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
The "custom" folder is in the sbparts folder. the custom folder holds all the info of your setup; off sets and the zero routines and such.
What i do and seems to work is to leave the sbfolder were it is and only add files that pertain to the shopbot in there like the table surfacing file.
Then i create a new folder on the hard drive with a link to it on the desk top.
When i do my cut files in the office i make a new folder with the job name as the folder name then i put all the code in that folder and transfer the whole folder to the shopbot computer and place it in the new folder that i created.
Now when i call up a file i can go to the folder that i created and then to the job folder that i need to cut. I also divide the job folder up in to other folders and label the folder the sheet that needs to be cut. For example folder 75 sheet 1 would mean that 3/4 material and fist sheet in the job to cut.
I cut a lot of cabinet parts so a complete cabinet job could have 30 sheets of material involved between the 3/4 sides and the 1/2 for the backs and drawers. Each sheet could have two cutting files one for 5mm shelf holes and then the cutting , so it isn't uncommon to have 40 cut files to run for a job (that i do) organization is key.
Make a system that makes sense to you! Other wise you may end up running the wrong file at the wrong time and ruining material.

Sorry for the long ramble

Sean

kelly
04-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Sean - It's clear I need to get myself organized

I have been working with really simple projects to get familiar with the machine and even that has proven to generate multiple files across multiple folders -UGG!
The setup has worked well since Sat night and I am hoping to get a few more projects on the machine this weekend.

Thanks,
K.Z.