PDA

View Full Version : Fill In Sheet Command

dale_mccrary
08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I will zero all three axis then zero the table. I will then complete the "fill in Sheet" where it want a input for the Plunge, I put in -0.50. The router will plunge -.50 one time this is before it starts to cut the project, then when it start to cut the project the router will only cut 1/8" deep. How do I set the depth to cut the project .50 deep. I am using Type Setter progam.

beacon14
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
When using Typesetter the depth of cut is determined by the width of the letter strokes and the cutter geometry. If you need to increase (or decrease) the depth when running the file you can enter the proportional change in the "Proportion Z" field of the fill-in sheet. (If the file cuts 1/8" deep then putting in a Z proportion of 4 will cause the file to cut 1/2" deep). However the lettering will not come out correctly as the depth will no longer be correct for the cutter geometry.

Also, I believe if using Typesetter you will want to zero the Z axis to the material surface, not to the table.

dale_mccrary
08-21-2008, 07:08 PM
David Thanks for taking the time to answer this post and the good information,I will try that.

Thanks
Dale