PDA

View Full Version : Y-Value Beyond Limits error message

bahed
12-28-2006, 12:00 AM
I had my ShopBot computer melt down and had to replace it - my ShopBot seems to get around alright: it zero's out ok on x,y, = 0,0 as well as the z zero plate defining z=0. However, when I try to run a routine or do any jog or move commands where the bit needs to get within say 0.3" of the y axis I get an "Y-Value Beyond Limits" error message. I can do a Resume Move, which will allow me to continue until I need to once again get back close to the Y=0.

Any clues ?

terryd
12-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Are you using proxy sensors? Maybe the "y" sensor is being picked up. Did you reset the offset distance when you reinstalled the software into your new computer?

paco
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Just when you get this message, enter UV command to see where the table base coordinate are at. If they are anywhere out of the table size limits, the TBC didn't got reset when you ran the homing routine.

What happen is that SF (check software limit) is on and SB3 tell you that it believe you shouldn't try to go further. Maybe you have move the tool while it was powered off or SB3 crash lost TBC position or something.

No matter where you are, if you enter ST, the working coordinate are reset to the TBC; if it say 24,24,6 then that's where it should be physically.

Does that make sense?