PDA

View Full Version : Finally up and running but..................PC wont turn off

wmcghee
01-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks to the outstanding Shopbot support and the help from several of the guys from this forum. I really appreciate all of the help.

I have played around with the Shopbot some this evening running a few files. I wired my PC router through the control box and the only way I can turn it on or off is with switch on the router. If my router switch is on when I power the control box up and hit reset the router comes on. When I hit E-stop it turns off. I thought that commands within the programs were supposed to turn it off and on.

beacon14
01-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Wayne,

Something is definitely wrong in your control box. You apparently have continous power to the relay that controls the router. This is bad and very dangerous. Call support first thing in the morning and stay on the phone until they find the problem.

The router should not turn on, even with output switch #1 on, until you run a part file or execute a movement command, or use keyboard control for movement, and then only after you get a warning window.

ted
01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi Wayne,

If you haven't done it already, give us a call today to straighten out the router control. Sounds like the jumper is set for spindle control rather than router control (the spindle control works a little differently) and should be easy to fix.

-Ted