PDA

View Full Version : Z Pulls up Too High?

sevans
09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out how to keep the Z from pulling up 2 inches after executing C2 with plate. It's pulling up too high above material, beyond capability. Any thoughts? Thanks much! -Sarah

beacon14
09-17-2008, 08:45 PM
You can edit the file that the C2 shortcut is calling. Look in the SBParts/Custom directory for a file custom2.sbc and open it in a text editor. It probably calls another file. Open that file and look for a JZ,2 command and change the 2 to the height you want to Z axis to rise to.

sevans
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Thank You so much! -Sarah

ed_lang
09-18-2008, 09:30 AM
My Custom 2 file calls the zzero.sbp file.

c:\SbParts\zzero.sbp

The zzero.sbp file loads variables from the my_variables.sbc file

' load the custom variables file from Custom Cut 90
C#,90

Then when the second contact is made with the zzero plate the command,

MZ, &zup

sets the safe z height from the value in the my_variables.sbc file.

After you understand what is going on, you can decide what approach works best for you. Changing the value in the my_variables.sbc file to something lower or removing the variable and hard coding the height. There are other ways as well so make sure you think about what you want to change before just changing stuff. You could even have the software prompt you for the height.

beacon14
09-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for clarifying that Ed. Shopbot switched over to that system a few years ago but since I was happy with the way I had modified the zero-ing routines I just kept using my old system.

After you understand what is going on, you can decide what approach works best for you. Excellent point. All ShopBot files are nothing more than lists of commands, and when you start to look in those files and get a feel for why the ShopBot does what it does when you run a file you now have the ability to make the machine do whatever you want it to do.