PDA

View Full Version : Yaskawa Driver Underpowered Error Message Uu1

wallstfurniture
06-17-2009, 09:12 PM
I purchased a second hand Shopbot PRT Alpha a year and half ago; and have since run the machine with little to no problems. Recently, my spindle control box, or driver has been detecting a low amount of energy coming into the box. I believe the box is meant to run around 220V. Well when I check it while it is on at 240 herz the volts are staying between 203 and 209. Then when I start to cut, the power will dip down and up and down. It will get all the way down to 192. This low power will then force the control box to cut power to the spindle. I spent a lot of time on the tech support with both Shopbot and Yaskawa. We determined that it was a faulty control box. At their recommendation, I purchased a new control box from Dykman electric ($839 + next day delivery) After carefully marking all the wires inside the box and taking pictures. I installed the new box and programmed it to the spec on the sheet that shopbot provided. Programming all the perimeters up to N056.

I was able to cut two sheets out. Now, I am getting the same message. Uu1. Meaning that it is underpowered again. I can pretty much assume that the box was not the problem. There goes 900 bucks. But, life goes on. What is the next step? Some have told me that this is a sign that my spindle is going bad, some have told me that the cable to the box is bad and others have felt that it is the low energy coming to the box which is triggering the malfunction. I am tending to agree with the ladder. Anyone else have this problem or better yet solutions to this problem?

ron brown
06-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Nicholas,

The first thing I would do is verify you have proper voltage and frequency coming INTO the system.

There are many ways to monitor and record on a continual basis if necessary. I had some electrical problems the electric company said didn't exist until I produced 'the logs'. The supervisor said I was not using 'calibrated equipment' but became very willing to sort the problem after a few well selected words.

Ron

frank134
06-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Nicholas,

I would of check the incomming voltage first. It sound like you may have a loose connector some where. See if one of the electrical supply houses around you may rent a strip chart recorder. It will show an record if you having and incomming voltage drop. you can also use a voltage meter. Another cheap way but not a good way to check is if you can get a 220 voltage light bulb (only sold at electrical supply houses not HD OR L )connector it to your incomming wire on your control box. See if it dim as you are running the bot. If it does when you have an electrical probem. Loose connection, under size wire or maybe a bad tranformer out side.