PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error 424 object required

tracys
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I get this error whenever I run a C2, JH, or try to use preview mode. I am using 3.5.9 with a PRS Alpha. I 've tried restarting the bot and the computer with no results. What next?

dlcw
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
If you can wait a few days a new SB3 release should be coming out. The important thing is to remove anything relating to Shopbot from your computer (including registry entries) and doing a clean installation. This has cleared up many problems.

I've got a 2009 PRS Alpha and up until this latest release (still in beta) I've been having gremlins in my computer (as have many people). The combination of clean install and the new software has made a big difference in machine behavior. I push my machine a bit with Shopbot Link and cabinet parts cutting, not just Partworks cutting and the new release has given me a lot of confidence back in my setup.

Don
www.diamondlakewoodworks.com (http://www.diamondlakewoodworks.com)

frank134
11-17-2009, 12:09 AM
I think that why I didn't have any problem. I did a new install on a clean disk. THe only thing on it is shopbot software. everthing else is on the older unit. I did some cabinet and a couple of sign. even the shopbot stool with a tool change. no problen. the zero kit even work good. I just hope it stay that way.

One question if I have a problem and I want to do a clean sweep. Is there a way to clean every thing out of the reg with out going thru the whole thing looking for shopbot things.
I run the feed back test and hit 90. computer 5 feet away from control panel. usb cable.

Ryan P
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Go to File Set Part file folder [FS]. Check the Custom File Path & folder. It should be set to c:\SbParts\Custom. If it is not click reset in the lower left corner. This could happen if you ran a file with any of the following symbols comma(,) ampersand (&).