PDA

View Full Version : Key commands while typing file names

alabama_davo
08-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I have an issue while typing in a file name such as "hold down" When the "d" is pressed the screen goes away. when the "e" is pressed windows goes to "explorer" etc. instead of file names it executes key commands. This happens while trying to save any file while in PW. it this weird or what? any suggestions?

alabama_davo
08-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I also forgot to ask, should running PW in one window and the control software in another window cause problems? I am running an AMD 2.8 gig with 512 RAM and the only other program installed other than those is internet explorer. nothing runs in the background. This is a dedicated shop tool.

Brady Watson
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Dave,
You shouldn't have any issues with PW and SB3 running at the same time....I do it all the time. However, I did have some strange things happening before I upgraded my machine to the latest version of DirectX which is now v9. Download the redistributable version 9c from Microsoft & give that a try.

You will also want to check your keyboard to make sure that it isn't damaged and most importantly, do a re-start of Windows.

-Brady

alabama_davo
08-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey Brady,
I first thought the keyboard got full of dust and was sticking...I used compressed air for it and the CPU and for that matter the control box. It was still possessed. I did a reboot and windows scan and it seems fine. I Could not stop what I was doing at the time because it would loose the home position I had chosen (without writing it down) for this file. I was making 1 3/4" solid mahagony door parts and had a brutal deadline. Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me how to post a picture? I'll post the doors when I'm through.

Brady Watson
08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Dave,
When you post, click on the 'Upload Attachment' button shown below the username/password fields. You will then be prompted to upload your image. You will need to resize your image so that it is no more than 400X400 pixels in size AND it must not exceed 25k.

-Brady

PS- Is there a possibility that you could have spyware or virus on this machine?

paco
08-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi Dave!

Have you checked your keyboard settings/configurations?

Seem to me that like your keyboard (Windows) is configured with some sort of "short keys"...?

Is it still like it (I guess not)? Any recent changes? How are the other softwares working (doing alike)?

alabama_davo
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the help guys...Since I cleaned and did a hard reboot it's been fine. go figure. I will try to show some pics of the doors i just finised.

Brady Watson
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey nice work, Dave!

-Brady