PDA

View Full Version : Elapsed time feature?

billp
12-12-2004, 06:28 PM
I have been running some lengthy files over the last few days, and I just happened to look at the "elapsed time"line at the bottom of my screen ( Windows software/Alpha). As the files were running, the timer was showing the passage of running time, UNTIL I hit the space bar and paused the file when I went home . Upon resuming the file the next day I looked at the elapsed time log, and it was now running backwards! So instead of telling me how long I HAD been running , it appeared to be showing me how much time was left. BUT the file finished and the log still showed over 3 hours to go...Has anyone else noticed this?

srwtlc
12-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey Bill,

I haven't noticed the backwards running, but there's one thing that has always annoyed me with the elapsed time, and that is that many times when I've run a file and forgot to look at the elapsed time before I jog the tool out of the way of the cut part, it then starts a new elapsed time. I don't think that keyboard moves/jogs should be timed, but that the time for the last file ran should stay there until the next file is run.

I know I could look at the logs, but I've turned them off to eliminate excess clutter in my many parts folders.

Scott

Brady Watson
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Actually...I am having a different problem, but ET related. I have been running several 3D files that need to be changed out with a fresh blank when complete. To remind myself that this needs to be done while I am doing other things, I set an oven timer. When I last ran my file it the elapsed time said it was 1:40...so I set the timer for 1:40. When the timer went off, I went back to the shop and the ET said it had only been 1:18....and the file was still running. Go figure...

While I was out there, I was thinking that the control software has so much stuff going on at once that maybe the timer function is getting hung up waiting for some other operation to happen...Sure enough if you stare at the elapsed time you will see every so often a number that hangs there longer than it should...This may not be apparent in a 2D file where it isn't procesing a lot of lines in rapid succession.

-Brady

Brady Watson
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
OK...now the clock is running backwards...Hopefully v3.3.11 will fix this.

-Brady

paco
12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
3.3.12 is now available!...

beacon14
12-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Ran a file last night, takes 21 minutes to run, then pauses, and repeats. I ran 5 reps over a period of 2 1/2 hours. Didn't bother to check the timer after the first two reps, but I did notice that it would continue running during the extended pauses. The kicker, though is that when I was finished for the night, the timer showed the elapsed time as 18 HOURS plus!

I'll try downloading the latest version - not sure what version is on there now, but not very old.

ted
12-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Hmmm ... ok. We did not notice this one yet, so I doubt it is fixed in the new version. We'll get it checked out.

I'm guessing that when you run past midnight the numbers start going down because the clock is starting over ... but we'll see.

For Scott: To get the elapsed time from a previous file, either look at the .log file for that file name, or start to open the Part File with FP, then click on the exclamation mark in the fill in sheet. It will give you the last time and other data.

stickman
12-14-2004, 01:06 PM
So if we are to upgrade to 10.. 11... or 12.. do we need to upgrade each one.. or jump to the latest version...?

Brady Watson
12-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Jay,
If you load 3.3.12, it will bring you from let's say, 3.3.5 to 3.3.12....no need to load each one in succession.

-Brady