PDA

View Full Version : V-Clueless

john_l
01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I down loaded the demo of Vcarve Pro and have played a little bit. I dont understand how you get a full 3d view of the carved piece. So far, I can only get it to look like this, with showing only the toolpaths?

paco
01-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Go into preview toolpath mode (the V bit with square of material under it) and hit 'Preview toolpath'. Check out the rest of the options...

Does that help?

john_l
01-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Absolutely. Many Thanks! This program is very powerfull, love it so far.

khuffman
12-20-2007, 11:07 PM
V Carve file
I am just finalizing the setup of my benchtop shopbot. I have created a simple file in V Carve. When I went to load the file in Shopbot Editor, a window popped up and by the file name there was a yellow box with an exclamation point in it. I clicked on that box and there was another window that had information about where the file was located on the computer as well as some strange figures. I closed that window and when I clicked the start button an error box popped up and mentioned that the command was being ignored. Is there a conversion that is necessary in order to load a V carve file and run it on the shopbot? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

srwtlc
12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Kora,

What was the file extension of the file that you attempted to load? It should be .sbp.

In reading your post, it sounds as if you were maybe attempting to load the saved Vcarve file which has an extension of .crv

On the right side of VCP in the Toolpaths tab, is a button for Save Toolpath. Be sure that you have the proper post processor chosen (most likely ShopBot arcs inch) and save the selected toolpaths. You should then have a .sbp file that will run fine in the ShopBot control software.

If I've misunderstood your problem, please post some more info on the steps taken to the point of the error.

Scott