PDA

View Full Version : .art files

chuckster
05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Can PartWorks open and use an .art file? I am currently using PartWizard, but plan on using PartWorks in the very near future. I'd like to be sure it can open and use .art files.

harryball
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Nope, one of the reasons I really didn't like PartWizard, I felt trapped. The .art files is a proprietary DelCam format. They intentionally limited PartWizard so it could not export but only save to a .art format. The more expensive Insignia and ArtCam Pro can export to different file formats.

I had to rely on the kindness of strangers to convert some files for me or trace them with the shopbot controller software and save them to dxf then clean them up or just start over.

/RB

scottj
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Chuck,

As Robert says above, the .art format is proprietary to DelCam products so the only way to open them is with PartWizard or one of the ArtCam products.

Scott

chuckster
05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Darn. I will just have to redraw all my work stuff. Not a big deal, though. Thanks for the info!

gerald_martin
05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi Chuck:

How about having someone with ArtCAM insignia or pro export the vectors to .eps or .dxf files? This would not transfer toolpaths but would prevent you from needing to redraw all the 2d vectors.

How many files are there that you need to have done? I have Insignia 2.5xx: maybe I could help if I can open your .art files?

Gerald

bruce_clark
05-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I have a little program that I am working on that might help you out. It converts PartsWizard files directly to PartWorks. You have to have both program running at the same time but so far it works really well--for me anyways. So I am looking for some additional "testers" to try it out to make sure it works for them as well.

If you are interested in the converter, please shoot me an email at:
bwclark1 (at) gmail (dot) com

Once I get enough feedback that there are no problems, I will put it on my website:
http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/

Thanks,
Bruce

chuckster
05-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Bruce....you have e-mail!

bruce_clark
05-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey, sorry for the delay but I send everybody who asked me a link/readme to the latest beta. Let me know how it works for you and if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bruce