PDA

View Full Version : Using Vfontz

Jeff Brown
09-17-2002, 04:46 PM
I have been exploring Vfontz from imsrv and cannot get the dxf that it produces to import into the ShopBot software. Any help or advice?

Thanks

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca
09-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Jeff, I believe that you have to create a file with vfonz and then take it into vector to create
a shopbot file..

jkforney
09-18-2002, 08:07 AM
Jeff
In both Vcarvz and Vfontz you need to save the toolpath as a either a plc or dxf file and open them in Vector (I don't know about another cad program). If you have Vector open you can copy to clipboard in Vfontz then in Vector you can Edit Paste Special and click on PLC Text Data.

In my version of Vector (9.04) I can open a plc file. Don't remember if that was an option in earlier versions. Also in my version of Vfontz saving as a .dxf is not an option. Only my version of Vcarvz can I save as a .dxf.

The help file on both programs, though sparse, should lead you through the steps necessary. If you have other problems feel free to email the .dxf and I'll take a look at it.

Another place for help is the Vfontz forum which is at http://www.imsrv.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi.

John Forney