PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw - Add Node Automatically?

kivimagi
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know how to add more nodes to an imported picture, rather than doing it by hand? Certainly their must be a way, but I'm a newbie.

I'm using corel draw 12, if it matters.

Regards,

Ryan K

don_ask
02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Corel draw 12 includes a program "Corel Trace". You need to trace the picture then save the trace as a .esp or other vector type graphic. This will get the nodes you are looking for.

srwtlc
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Ryan,

Once you have your drawing loaded, make sure that you are "Ungrouped" to the single entities or curves by clicking with your selector tool and choosing "Ungroup". Then select the part that you want to add a node to with the "Shape" tool or F10 and click where you want a node placed and then click on the "Add Node" button on the left end of the property bar. You can also double click on the spot where you want a node placed. After that, you can change that node to a cusp, smooth, symetrical, or back to a line with any of the buttons on the property bar or by right clicking and choosing what you want in the context menu.

If you would like, I have a "Basics" video for Corel 12 that I made on CD that I can send you. All I ask is that you send me back a blank (cheapo) CD-R if you find it to be of any use.

Scott

srwtlc
02-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Imported picture, that's different. I have never gotten acceptable results form "CorelTrace" (To much clean up to do). I have good luck (it takes a little time and some practice though) with loading or scanning in the picture or object and then placing a "Bezier" curve around it and then tweaking it to my hearts content with the shape tool. I have a short video of that on the CD also.

Scott

rbarrow
02-06-2006, 11:49 PM
No need to do the Ungroup thing...just CTRL-click on the item in the group you want to select and have at it.

Saves all the grouping and ungrouping...

srwtlc
02-07-2006, 09:31 AM
There ya go, ya learn something new everyday! That's a good one Roy. There are a lot of little tricks and shortcuts that can be used in CD.

gamisano
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah!!!! Thats sweet! I've been using Corel Draw for 6 years now, and never knew about that option. Saves a lot of the piddley, time consuming, back and forth commands. Thanks for the tip.

Guido