PDA

View Full Version : Another Art Cam Pro question

phil_o
03-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Occasionally, when I am trying to create a 2-D toolpath, such as machining along a vector, I can't setup the material properly. I can change the material thickness but when I click OK it won't click. I have to cancel. The when I click NOW to create the toolpath I get an error mesage that the material hasn't been defined. What am I doing wrong?

Brady Watson
03-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Phil,
Sounds like the same thing that happens in PW from time to time. Delete all of your toolpaths, and then delete the material (material icon with trash can)

When you go to recalculate the 1st toolpath, enter your material thickness. Subsequent toolpaths will have the same material setup. You cannot define the material as being .75" on one toolpath and then .25" on another uless you calculate the 1st one @ .75, save it...delete it and redefine the material for the 2nd toolpath at .25". The other option is use 2 instances of PW/AC....one for material thickness A, one for material thickness B.

Hope that helps.
-Brady

garyb
03-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Phil from the toolpath tab, select your toolpath then select edit toolpath under the toolpath operations then select your material setup. If you cannot set your material thickness then increase it to some large amount like 3" thick, if it accepts that then the problem is more than likely with the parameters of the selected tool.

If hard to pin point without knowing all your variables, if you like send me your file I will have a look at it for you.