PDA

View Full Version : BoxCutter - Future Direction

pfulghum
03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Fellow ShopBotters,

Version 2 of BoxCutter was released in Mid February and there were a couple of bug fixes since then. This software was to have a 30 day trial license. Since that time I have had only one person request a license (it was a free one).

Back in December I received very favorable feedback, and proceeded to make it "more industrial", but it seems that it was all for not.

I'm not trying to get rich, but I did think this program had merit for the shopbot community especially those doing cabinets. It has served *my* purposes well, and was worth the effort just for my own use.

I would like some feedback from you.

1) Did you have trouble with the install or operation of the program?

2) Does the program meet your needs or do you need more features and control?

3) Do you think it is worth the price?

-- Pat Fulghum

I know that folks in the following cities have downloaded the program, but I can't put a name with the city....

New Port Richey, Florida
California, Santa Rosa
Oklahoma, Broken Arrow
Illinois, Moline
St. Michael, Bridgetown, Barbados
Washington, Olympia
England, London
Oregon, Eugene
England, London, United Kingdom
Illinois, Plainfield
Arizona, Mesa
California, Pleasanton
California, Rialto
Pennsylvania, Harleysville
Virginia, Virginia Beach
Arkansas, Jonesboro
Florida, Boca Raton
Virginia, Reston
Michigan, Dearborn
Indiana, Bloomington
Illinois, Plainfield
Michigan, Fenton
Colorado, Parker
Florida, St. Petersburg
Texas, San Antonio
England, Watford, United Kingdom
and many more....

stickman
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Pat,

I haven't had a chance to get back to us your software. I have been off on other projects.

Jay

jf_allie
03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I think there is a need for a web page with all sorts of products that might be of interest to ShopBotters. I think your efforts are not lost. It's just that it takes time and repeated exposure. You could also expand your market by making post processors for other machines.

bhalle
03-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Pat-

I, for one, am interested in purchasing a copy. Your web site, however, isn't terribly helpful in this aspect -- the link to Paypal (which I would use) doesn't give the email address or anything so that I can send a payment. I would imagine that if you cleaned up that aspect of the web experience, it would be easier to purchase. Each time I've thought of purchasing a copy, it required information I didn't have so I figured I try again at a later date after I had time to go looking for the email address I would need for Paypal.

3d_danny
04-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Pat,

Why do you say that it is a 30 day free trial when you can only open the program 14 times? I can burn up 14 openings of the program in one day.

The one problem that I has was it was not optimizing the parts on the sheets efficiently. Material wasted will impact profit margins.

I would like to test it more thoroughly in our shop environment but the limited uses before it expires does not make it possible.

Dan