PDA

View Full Version : C#,90 'Lookup offset values

iter
09-28-2008, 03:15 AM
I see this command in .sbp files sometimes. What does it do? I can't find a reference to it either in the Command Reference or the Programming Handbook.

Ari.

Gary Campbell
09-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Ari...
C# 90 calls up "Custom 90" whcih then opens the my_variables file. This loads into the software all of the varibles listed in the program so that your settings, tool offsets, preferences etc. can be saved both daily and thru software upgrades. THe default location for both is: C:\SbParts\Custom. Use SB Editor or notepad to read and/or edit.
Gary

iter
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks! So C#X sets system variable X from the custome variables file?

Ari.

bill.young
09-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Ari,

The C# command calls custom cuts that are in your C:\sbparts\custom folder. All the ShopBot commands (except for the programming commands) are only 2 letters, with parameters after them. This works for Custom cuts 1 through 9...they're C1 through C9...but the ShopBot language supports up to 99 custom cuts.

You access custom cuts 10 through 99 by using the C# command, followed by the custom cut number as a parameter. So to call custom cut 90..."C:\sbparts\custom\custom90.sbc"... you would use the C#,90 command.

There's a template for creating custom cuts that's named "custom_.sbc" and is in your C:\sbparts\custom folder. It has comments that explain the process.

Hope this helps,
Bill

iter
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Bill, thank you for the explanation.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a Z adjustment program to allow engraving on uneven surfaces. I think I mentioned it to you when you were in California earier this month. I need to make sure I can interpret every command that can appera in an SBP file... And I'm getting to know commands I never knew existed.

Where are these C commands documented?

Ari.

bill.young
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Ari,

You can find about the rest of the C commands in the command reference that's installed with the ShopBot software in the "C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\Help" folder.

It looks like the C# command was left out of the command reference, but the info above and the comments in the "custom_.sbc" file covers everything that you can do with it

Bill

iter
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Bill