PDA

View Full Version : Programming with 2 routers

reiser25
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I am new to the SB world. I am having a hard time finding information on how to program with two routers. Does anyone have a sample program that I can look at to see how to switch from the "A" axis to the "Z" axis. The secondary axis is only used for drilling. Also how to zero these?

PRT 48 x 96
(2) PC 3.25HP

harold_weber
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
This was discussed less than a month ago. Do a search for "programming a second Z". Normally you call the second Z axis the "A" axis. To zero the "A" axis, there is a routine called "Azero" that shopbot gives you - look in your sbparts directory.

Gary Campbell
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Josh..
Look in the C:\SbParts Folder for the S_Set2SpindleOffsets.sbp and Azero.sbp files. The first will set the X & Y offsets of your second head to the first. The Azero file will zero the bit in the second head. Then select a drilling toolpath using the SB second head post processor and your drilling routines should work.
This is just a quick synopsis, and of course you will have to hunt down some documentation on this. I would reccommend an email to ShopBot support. They will steer you in the right direction.
Gary