PDA

View Full Version : Rotating view?

myxpykalix
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Ok i modeled my door and toolpathed it in the wrong axis' where the long side (79") is in the Y and the short side (30.75)is in the X. It is natural to model straightup instead of sideways.

I have to redo the toolpathing and my question is once i set my X,Y sizes, import my vectors, turn them 90 degrees and have them set in the proper x,y orientation can i somehow rotate the "view" so i can work on it straight up and down instead of sideways?

Brady Watson
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Model->Rotate 90°

Keep in mind that the view represents your CNC bed. Rotate -90° before you toolpath.

-B

myxpykalix
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Brady I found an easier way to rotate the view after you set your axis' up as illustrated by the pic below

Just turn your monitor sideways! lol

myxpykalix
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Actually I may have misstated what i wanted to do. Normally on the screen your X axis runs left to right on the screen and Y axis up and down.
I wanted to setup my model in the proper axis within the program but rotate the axis's so i could work on it straight up and down instead of sideways. So what i wanted to do was rotate the axis's not the model.

bleeth
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Set up your model (for a full sheet for example) 48 in x and 96 in y. Do all your artwork and then rotate it 90 degrees. It will then be 96 in x and 48 in y. As Brady was indicating, you can draw it any way you want as long as you rotate to the proper alignment for the toolpathing.