PDA

View Full Version : Wierd poroblem with ramping in vcarve 4

knight_toolworks
07-31-2007, 12:12 AM
this file works fine till I set the cuts for ramping. starting with the second toolpath if I click on ramping vcarve locks up. I did find if I changed some of them to offset I could do it. but one of the paths I changed caused the same lockup.
any idea's?
here is the link to download
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/cnc/test.zip

Brady Watson
07-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Steve,
No problem at all ramping any of the toolpaths you have in there. Some of the toolpaths take quite a bit of resources to generate, so your computer's processor speed may be coming into play here. VCP seems to be pretty light on RAM requirements, but heavy on processor.

To save resources, turn off 'animate tool' when simulating as this will take more resources and make simulations take much longer.

See attached with ramping applied to the 1st few toolpaths.

-B

test2.zip (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/20164/test2-22919.zip) (14.3 k)

knight_toolworks
07-31-2007, 12:55 AM
very weird if I try to recalulate the second one the progress bar (yellow does not move in three minutes) my laptop is not state of the art but it has a fast amd turion 64 chip and it will do the preview in 30 seconds.

knight_toolworks
07-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I get the same results on two different computers too.

tony_mac
07-31-2007, 06:40 AM
Steve,

There is a problem with the ramping + raster pocketing toolpaths when the cutter radius and fillet radii on the geometry are exactly the same size. We will look a fixing this.

A workaround is to edit the cutter diameter to be very slightly larger or smaller - 1/10th of a thou is sufficient.

I hope this helps and the prototype you have machined looks great!

For future reference please email problem files to - support@vectric.com (mailto:support@vectric.com) - otherwise the may not get picked up and answered from forum posts.

Tony

knight_toolworks
07-31-2007, 11:20 AM
great thats easy to fix and it works fine. thanks.