PDA

View Full Version : Language files can not be found

dmidkiff
04-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I have not used PW2 for a while. Tried to open yesterday and got the message that Language file could not be found. I located my PW2 CD and decided to uninstall and reinstall. After the installation I got this message:

General file transfer error. Please check your target location & try again.
Error Number:-3
Related File:C:\ProgramFiles\Shopbot\Partwizard2\exec\Lang uage\en\res_en.dll

Can someone please tell me what this means and what to do next. Tried 2 times with samw result.

Thanks Dave

scottj
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Dave,
It looks like your installation has become corupted and needs to be reinstalled. That dll is(or should be) in the location specified. I would load the software again to see if that fixes it.

Scott
Shopbot Tools

dmidkiff
04-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Scott,
Thank you for you reply. I have reinstalled it several times. It stops installation at 62% (with that above message) each time. I have talked to Frank and we tried to restore system and that does not work. We looked to see if the language file was there and it was, but it still won't install. He emailed me the knowlege base from microsft and I have not found anything in there that works. I tried to talk to microsoft, but that is a different chore altogether.
Frank tried to help me print screen so I could email this error message to microsoft and dell but it does not work either.
I also went through the windows updates and uninstalled the most recent one that claimed it could affect Shopbot and that did not help either.
I will keep trying, maybe take in to a technician.
Thanks,
Dave

myxpykalix
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
You might try your photoediting software usually it has a print screen utility or go to download.com and search for a app to "print screen".

dmidkiff
04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Jack,
Thanks for the reply. I rarely use print screen. It should work with this PC and I suspect that it not working is related to the problem with my PC of not being able to open (or install) Partwizard2. When I get the problem solved and it still doesn,t work, I will look into that.
Scott has given me some advise that I will try tonight.
Dave