PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my files going off he table

knight_toolworks
04-24-2007, 01:41 AM
say I make a sign 5"x5" in vcarve set the material thickness and import the thing I want calculate the toolpath save it then run it in preview and I get the error it is x and y beyond table limits. I would have go materials and click use origin offset and play with the numbers till it was on the table.
a real pain let me tell you. no idea how to fix it. every one I made did this.

myxpykalix
04-24-2007, 01:51 AM
maybe your demensions are actually set at 5'x5' instead of inches?

knight_toolworks
04-24-2007, 02:27 AM
off the table is the wrong term the whole file is off. none is actualy on the table. the dimension is right but the whole file is right off the table on the home corner.
but I also had that when I loaded the shopbot vacuum table file only one corner was on the table.

myxpykalix
04-24-2007, 02:50 AM
When you initially set up your files in PW or other pgms you can set your X,y origin and if you set the origin say in the center, then load the file and your 0,0 point for the table is set at the lower left corner of the table the file will load where half is on the table, half is off.
I also believe most of your problems stem from your changing your orientations for the table and keys settings. Part of the problem might be when i'm telling you how to fix a problem it might be the right fix for my table and settings and not knowing how you have your stuff setup I could be telling you wrong. That is why i strongly suggested you set it up like most everyone has set it up. I think you're pissin in the wind here...

tony_mac
04-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi Steve,

Can you e-mail the VCarve Pro (.crv) file - the complete design + toolpaths to support@vectric.com (mailto:support@vectric.com) and we'll take a look.

It's also worth checking that you don't have an XY Offset specified for the job (as Jack said).

To check select - Edit > Material Size

Tony

knight_toolworks
04-24-2007, 11:25 AM
I changed the settings back to default. I just remapped the keyboard arrows. so my setup should be normal. though I may have missed something of course.
I thought I tried every position yesterday but using the left hand corner does it. I used everyone and it made a circle around home.
but I messed with it so much yesterday who knows what I missed.

knight_toolworks
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
OK got it all working and here are the results. thanks guys.