PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot supplied Software

john_r
09-04-2004, 05:12 AM
What, if any drawing software was included with a shopbot? I bought a used PR96 from 1999 but the previous owner didn't have any drawing software. I thought Vector was included. I can't seem to find Vector software for sale anywhere?

fleinbach
09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure what was included in 1999 but Part Wizard was included two months ago when I purchased my Prtalpha.

Brady Watson
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Vector was included on the PR machines. You can buy a copy here: http://www.imsrv.com/

PartWizard, while not as robust as Vector, has a very easy learning curve. I think a lot of customers were overwhelmed by Vector and SB made the decision to go with PartWizard to make life a lot easier for the 1st time CNC user. I hear that V2 of PartWizard contains much more functionality than the 1st version. For most work, I don't believe that there is a better product out there for the money. You can get PW directly from ShopBot.

-Brady

beacon14
09-04-2004, 09:34 PM
I bought my first machine in August '99. Vector wasn't included at that time. I believe it was added to the package a few months later. All my first toolpaths were drawn by hand in DesignCad, then converted to ShopBot with the DXF converter. Those who received PartWizard with their purchase don't know how good you have it.