PDA

View Full Version : Machine Open Vector in VCarve

frank_hav
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I need to cut open vectors on right and/or left side, not just on. Example; I want to machine the shape U, I can Vcarve it but can't seem to profile it because it is not closed. Am I missing something simple? I am trying to pick software for our sister company to use. The files we both will be cutting have these vectors along with closed ones. We do it now in AlphaCam. I can make VCarve work for me on stuff I draw but I have alot more prints then I wish to redraw into programmable file for them. HELP! I have a typical file if someone would like to look. Give me an email when you respond.

Thanks ahead of time
Frank Haverkamp
frank_hav@yahoo.com (mailto:frank_hav@yahoo.com)

paco
04-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, this a problem because one cannot profile in or out an open vector nor apply side allowance to a open vector when machining ON it and further more, nor either offset in or out an open vector.
I believe VCP users need ALL of the above.
Until now, I have forgot to tell about this to VETRIC but Frank brought it up before me. Nice catch.
So far I have work around this in other CAD packages or sometime, in VCP, closing the vector first, in diferent fashion, then offset in a way that I could get to the point where I have what I'm looking for... lots of editing but when I need it, I get it!

frank_hav
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks Paco,

Ok so I'm not nuts. I thought I was missing something simple. I had an email from someone who said he did it, I asked him for the VCarve file so I could see how. I'll let you know if he found a simpler fix.

Frank