PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH A PROGRAM

kachina321
05-07-2005, 04:16 AM
I AM NEW TO COMPUTERS AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE WAY TO DRAW CABINETS AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME POINTERS ON A SIMPLE, EASY TO USE PROGRAM? I WOULD REALLY BE VERY GRATFUL TO THE PERSON OR PERSONS WHO CAN SHOW ME HOW TO GET INTO THE 21ST CENTRY. THANKS FOR THIS SITE AND MY FELLOW WOODWORKERS

hwd_woodworking
05-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Hello,
Every one is going to have a different opinion on this. If this is you business and you are serious about getting up to the 21st century. Then I would recomend taking an autocad class. In my opinion autocad is the easiest platform to draw and make changes to drawings. Then you could pick up a copy of autocad lite for a couple hundred dollars.

The other option would be to find some one that can draw those cabinets for you in your area. That should be very easy and very cost effective. This would probably be your best bet while you are taking that class. Becuase that person could also help you set up your templates and libraries ect...

Once again it depends on what you want to do. If you just want to poke around and fix up your house then what I've said really doesn't make sense. But if your starting or expanding a business then your investments will pay off.

Nate

gerald_d
05-07-2005, 08:01 AM
See this post (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=30&post=5398#POST5398).

The best Cad for a newbie ShopBotter is the one that your friendly neighbour is willing to help you with at 10pm, on a Sunday!