PDA

View Full Version : Vac table ????'s

david
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi I'm a soon to be PRS owner, and new to this forum. I have a small one man cabinet/custom furniture shop and have just ordered a new 4X8 bot.I need to come up with a vacuum hold down system for sheet goods and was wondering what you seasoned botters's think of using something like this (http://www.wagglepop.com/bin/auction/view?cmd=view&listingID=366873)

myxpykalix
11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm the first to tell you i'm no expert on vac systems and there is a TON of info here about them. My recommendation would be to do a search here for "fein" vacumns. I bought 2 for the price you have for the one quoted and they work great.

dirk
11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
It looks like an excellent choice. Good cfm, high vacuum, and a warranty to boot. Probably fairly quiet. Best specs I've seen for a canister. If you run out of cfm you can add another unit. A little steep in price, but if the quality is there and specs are accurate, probably a good deal. I've got a 10hp blower and 2 of these units will give about the same cfm but a much higher HG.
Dirk

dirk
11-02-2007, 08:01 PM
You probably also need to check how this unit will work with a restricted airflow (over heating). I'm guessing they have the 2 motors stacked in series, one blowing into the other to get that high of a vacuum.

david
11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Noise is one of my biggest concerns and at 72 db it certainly is better then other vacs I've looked at.I'm wondering what is more important HG or CFM or what ratio between the two a good vac system would have.

Gary Campbell
11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
David...
To have effective hold down, both are important. 196" water ((approx 14.4" Hg) will give very good holding power, but this is rated usually at zero flow. On the other hand, the rated 146 cfm is at full unrestricted flow. Most mfgrs. show a graph of cfm over flow that you might want to look at before you buy. Both are respectable numbers for a unit of that price range. Do your homework as Dirk suggests above to make sure the unit is able to run with little or no air flow for possibly hours as the commercial rated units are. Keep us informed if you buy it.
Gary