PDA

View Full Version : V3 and mouse

dingwall
04-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't have a lot of time under my belt with V3. How necessary is the mouse for navigating through folders to find files. Am I going to have to run a mouse at the machine?

paco
04-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Sheldon!

You should be able to do about everything your mouse can with your keyboard; ALT+TAB for navigating through the windows, TAB to navigate through the window's functions, ALT for the menu, arrow keys... Say you wish to cut a file; you would hit FP, your cursor will be at the file name entry... then TAB a coule of time to get to the location ("Look in"), then arrow keys to select the folder and RETURN... you might have to repeat some part of this procedure but you'll get use to this soon. I suggest to learn about Windows and other softwares shortkeys; this can make you a VERY FAST computer user!

Hope this help...

fleinbach
04-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Wouldn't a mouse be easier?

I'm not very good at typing so I use a mouse for everything. I only touch the keyboard when absolutely necessary. If I were to depend upon the keyboard, I would never get anything done.

In fact if it were not for Dragon NaturallySpeaking I would have a very difficult time communicating on this form. If I had to actually type everything I say on here, it wouldn't be very much.

gerald_d
04-28-2005, 04:23 PM

normand
04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Dragon naturally speaking ?

srwtlc
04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Dragon Naturally Speaking (http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/)

I used to have TurboCad v5 and it came with this as a plugin to use for drawing. What a hoot! I got tired of training it and my wife thought I was loosing it when I would speak "Cad-ish"
, then I upgraded.

mikejohn
04-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Frank
That explains a lot.
I just thought you were wanting to destroy my mother tongue (English, that is, not American)

.............Mike

fleinbach
04-29-2005, 05:27 AM
Dragon naturally speaking is one program I would never give up. As I said my typing skills are very poor. Dragon Naturaly Speaking allows me to type as fast as I speak. Of course it does make errors at times, but not very many. It will usually make one or two errors in a typical paragraph. But they are very easy to correct.

Mike,
I have to admit, English was definitely not my best subject in school. In fact I don't think I ever did pass English class. I was much better at math.

gerald_d
04-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Frank, I was suspicious of your communication technique when you came up with eclectics instead of electrics.
Anyway, your posts are always perfectly clear, and I think that you express yourself very well - we wouldn't want you to be any different!

(If I told you where you used eclectics, you would reach for the paddle again
)

fleinbach
04-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Now if only they'd add a proofreader life would be perfect, almost.

That is the one problem with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. You need to proofread to pick up on words that sound alike.