PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Start Prompt

nat_wheatley
01-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Where is the command located that prompts me to push the start button to start my spindle at the beginning of a cutting toolpath? I don't see it in the Post files I'm using, and need to change it as I've used a relay to bypass this action.

Gary Campbell
01-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Nat...
Its buried in the software somewhere. Seems to show up at the "PAUSE" line after "SO,1,1"
Gary

ed_lang
01-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Hi Nat,

This is hard coded in the control software. If output 1 has been turned on, the software will prompt for you to push the start button and then continue. This is a very important safety. You can experiment and see that if any other or all other outputs are turned on, then the software does not ask you to push start and continue.

For example, the XY zero and Z zero routines.

There are several ways I thought of to "get around" the pushing of the start button but in the end, I changed everything back to the normal configuration for safety.

Happy New Year!

nat_wheatley
01-02-2009, 06:38 AM
The main reason I bypassed the start button was that several times I came too close to mindlessly pushing enter when I saw the prompt, without actually pushing the start button. It may be that the prompt itself isn't a bad thing, and can still serve as a warning that the spindle (already running} is about to run it's path.

Thanks for the posts.

ed_lang
01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Nat,

I have done the same thing. That is why I use a relay to "push" the start button on my machine.

That way the spindle is running and I still get the prompt.