PDA

View Full Version : Vector Software

rtrading@iol.ie
12-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Does any one know why vector will not start up?
I had it going before but now noting happens.

djhazeleger@mindspring.com
Make sure you have the Shopbot config file loaded and save the file with sb extension. Only been playing with Vector but this works in preview mode.

odysseywood@home.com
Vector not starting will occur if you were using vector in demo and did not install your permanment key code.

odysseywood@home.com
Creating shopbot part files with vector. Make sure that you have loaded the shopbot config by clicking insert NC object and selecting shopbt2c. This should open a second window,then when you select generate NC code from geometry the shopbot code will be generated in the second window. After generating the code click on the header of the second window to make it active, it should turn blue. With the second window active select File then export when the dialog box opens under file remove the .tap extension and type your file name with a .sbp extension then click OK. You should now be able to go to the directory where you saved the file and open the file in shopbot and run it.

support@shopbottools.com
Vector Startup Problems: Sam's response is usually the right one. Vector will not start if the code you have is an expired demo code. If you've purchased Vector you should have or will recieve a Vector Key Disk with yours and your company name on it. If you have this disk, insert the Vector CD into your CD-rom drive, click on "Install Vector", and then step #4. In this activation you will need to put your Key Disk into the A: drive and finish the activation. If you have not purchased Vector and your software has timed out you must return the book and CD to ShopBot. Anyone having further troubles with running Vector should contact me at gordon@shopbottools.com .

Support (Admin)
The tutorial for using VectorCAM to generate ShopBot Part files is now available as either a Word document or a PDF file ( requires Adobe Acrobat Reader which may be downloaded at no charge from Adobe (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html). These zip files contain the tutorial and the .dxf file used in the tutorial.

vectortosbppdf.zip PDF version (ftp://ftp.shopbottools.com/vectortosbppdf.zip)

vectortosbpdoc.zip MS Word version (ftp://ftp.shopbottools.com/vectortosbpdoc.zip)

windsor@muskoka.com
I've been pulling my hair out for a couple of weeks trying to generate a .sbp part file with vector cam . ---I was using the shopbot 2c driver that came on the cd . I finally downloaded the shopbot 2d driver ( from the shopbot website ) and copied it into my vector directory .
It works great . ---wish that I'd tried it a couple of weeks ago

bob
I have tried to save the CAM code in Vector and send directly to my ShopBot with no action at all. I've also saved the CAM file from vector as a file, and attempted to bring it up within Shopbot. ShopBot software indicates it doesn't recognize the file type. So I am at a loss as well. It would be great to use Vector to the fullest but the question is how. Anyone any ideas?

olivier
Hi there,

I ordered my Shopbot last week and I am waiting
for delivery (I am in the UK)
I am struggling for the moment, with the Vector
software (most of my jobs will be cutting and
machining from DXF files I create).
Does anybody have any experience on Vector so that
to help me on the following point :
- Is I worth converting the faceted curves from
DXF into arcs ?
I tried the tool called Arc Spline to convert my
DXF files. But with the settings I use the results
are not satisfactory : for example the tool would
never recognize a complete circle as such.
Question : is it worth tampering with the settings
? Is a Shopbot faster to cut a spline of say 7
feet long composed of 60 facets than the same one
composed of 20 arcs ?
- I have the feeling that the automatisation
offered by the "Contour", "Macro" and "Cycles" can
be very powerful. But I struggle to see there
concrete application.
Could anybody give me a concrete example of the
use of each function with his Shopbot ? It will
help me a lot.
If the Shopbot people are to build on the Vector