PDA

View Full Version : Couple of annoying things when toolpathing. Any fixes???

nodnerb
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
1) When you are toolpathing a job and a toolpath you just created overlaps another vector not yet toolpathed, you can not choose that vector any more. It'll always choose the overlapping toolpath. Is there a way around this or a fix instead of deleting toolpaths and redoing them in a different order all the time?

2)How do you switch between toolpaths and edit individual toolpaths? Whenever I try, I can only edit the last toolpath created. Even if I physically choose the toolpath I want edited it still always defaults to the last one edited and I basically have to keep deleting toolpaths until I get to the one I actually want to edit or delete.

Any way around this one?

Thanks for any help on my newbie-ish questions.

fleinbach
01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
BPM,

I am assuming you are using Partwizard since you posted in the Partwizard thread and not the new Partworks being shipped with Shopbots since around November.

If you highlight the toolpath in the list right above Toolpath Operations that is the one that will be edited.

To be able to reselect any polyline instead of the tool path just uncheck the 2D box in the list of toolpaths to the left of the main drawing window.

nodnerb
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Awesome, thanks Frank. I figured there must be a simple way around these problems. And yes, I am using partwizard, I didn't even know about Partworks. Is it a better program?

fleinbach
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, Partsworks has replaced Partwizard. Vectric makes Partworks for Shopbot and is said to be nearly the same as there own Vcarve pro. And yes it does much more than Partwizard.