PDA

View Full Version : Vcpro upgrade

msantos
03-22-2009, 05:30 AM
I just upgraded to vcp 5. created a tool path and went to save toolpath. but do not know which post processor to choose.

i have prs standard....do i choose the ShopBot (arcs)(inch)(*.sbp)

harryball
03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Any of the Shopbot inch files will work, the one with arcs will create code for curves instead of step circles. This makes for shorter code and should make smoother circles though I can't tell the difference on my Alpha.

The SB with speed control is also available if you have a spindle. You'll want the spindle control board to go with that. Changes the RPM's on the fly.

/RB

chuckster
03-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Why can't I copy a part in vcp5 and open a new file in vcp5 and paste the object? It just doesn't work? Am I nuts?

Brian Moran
03-23-2009, 04:59 AM
Chuck,
Copy and Pasting between 2 copies of VCP 5 certainly works with the computers we have here. Are you sure you have opened both files in VCarve Pro 5? You can't copy and paste between VCP4 and VCP5

Brian

mark_stief
12-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Just upgraded to V-Carve 5.5 but can't find shopbot arc inch w/speed control or am I just not seeing it can anybody help me ?

ken_rychlik
12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Go to program files, Vcarve, postp, and there will be a copy of the old file you used there. Copy and paste it back into the normal spot and you can use it. The folder is called shopbot_original that you are looking for.

They dropped quite a few of the bot post processors.

Kenneth

knight_toolworks
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
ok if you use the speed control the new pp you want reads when you use vcarve as scott w
I ended up editing it to get the name right and you can also add a creator name.
when I fist used it to cut some letters I was not getting jog commands between the cuts. not sure if this is till an issue as I only used my machine once. I will test it again today.

Brian Moran
12-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi,

The post-processors you used to use are copied to the folder

C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro V5.0\PostP\ShopBot_Orig

by the upgrade program.

If you want to use your old post copy it from this folder back into the PostP folder.

Brian

P.S The file Steve is using he copied from the 02-ShopBot folder and that is obviously the wrong post - sorry.

knight_toolworks
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
the one I am using is the new one ShopBot_Alpha_Arc_Inch_Spindle_RPM
but if you edit the file the post name in the file was scott w if I remember right. most of the info in it is nothing new the dates are the same as the older one I was using.

blackhawk
01-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Does anyone have a copy of just the plain Shopbot_Arc_Inch post processor that they could send me. I have a PRT Alpha with the PC router, no speed control. I found the Shopbot_Arc_Inch post processor in the Shopbot_Orig folder but it is missing the code to create the prompts and pause for me to turn on the router, plus it won't turn off the router at the end of the program. Luckily, I was right at the keyboard and stopped the bot in time to prevent my 1/8" cutter from getting snapped off. Thanks.

Gary Campbell
01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Brad...
See Brian's post above. Your originals were moved... you can move them back.
Gary

blackhawk
01-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Gary - I did move my file back out of the Shopbot_Orig folder. When I moved it back and then used it to process my file, it did not add the prompts or pauses for turning the router off and on. I don't know how, but the file that was put in the Shopbot_orig folder is not my old post processor.

adrianm
01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Is that the only file in the folder?

It might be that it's not the one you think you were using, the name of the file is not always obvious from the description you see in the drop down menu when creating the toolpath.

Gary Campbell
01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Brad...
If I got this right, the reason for moving the postP's was to allow placement of new posts that allow taking advantage to some new features in Vectic products.

The best solution all around may be to modify one of the new ones. Adding router on commands is very easy, especially if you have an old file that has the proper code in place.
Gary

blackhawk
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't have an old file with the proper code. I don't want to take a chance messing around with the code, since I don't have anything to go by and have never tinkered with Vectric's post processor files.

Is anyone out there that can send me their Shopbot_arcs_inch post processor file for V carve Pro 5.504?

I have tried Vectric support. They asked me a couple of questions which I answered. That was 2 days ago and I still haven't heard back, which is unusual.

eaglesplsh
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Brad...

Here's the ShopBot_alpha_Arc_inch_Spindle_control.pp that was installed on my computer when I installed the previous version of V-Carve Pro.

It was last changed on 10/13/2008.

I have NOT used this file and I don't know if it's the same one you're looking for. It does include spindle start/stop and spindle speed change commands.

Best of luck!
ShopBot_alpha_Arc_inch_Spindle_control.pp

4544 (4.7 k)

mark_m
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Hello Brad,

I have just resent you my reply to your last message, in case you did not receive it.

As I mentioned in my last reply, the standard
"ShopBot (arcs)(inch) (*.sbp)" post processor that is included with VCarve Pro 5.0 does not make any
prompts to the user, so I think that it is likely that you were using another post processor.
The "Spindle control" one that Russ has just posted up, does make prompts to the user, so perhaps this is the correct one.

Cheers,
Mark.

blackhawk
01-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Mark - I got your email from today. I saw in the email text where you had tried to send it on Tuesday. I did not receive that one for some reason? Wasn't in the spam folder either. Thanks for resending it.

I took the "start of file" and "end of file" sections from Russ Todd's pp and pasted it in my shopbot_arc_inch pp. Everything seems to be OK now.